If you’re looking for a brand new start to your smile, porcelain veneers might be the solution for you! Teeth veneers can cover old damage, reshape your teeth, and even recolor your whole smile.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of high quality porcelain that can be used to cover the visible portion of your teeth. Porcelain veneers can be used to fix most cosmetic problems and can completely transform a smile in as little as two appointments!
Veneers are most often placed on a patient’s front teeth and can drastically improve a smile. Our veneers are permanently bonded and custom designed to match the exact size and color of your teeth.
Porcelain veneers most closely replicate the translucent appearance of natural teeth. Porcelain offers the highest quality, most authentic, and longest lasting results for veneers.
Should I Consider Porcelain Veneers for Myself?
If you have any teeth that are healthy but need cosmetic improvement, you should speak with Dr. Ross about veneers. Veneers are a very versatile cosmetic option that can fix multiple cosmetic issues at once and drastically improve your smile’s aesthetic.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Because veneers completely cover the front of your teeth they will give your smile a healthy, new appearance. Because veneers can alter the size and shape of a tooth, they can be used to:
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Change or lengthen the shape of teeth.
- Improve the appearance of stained teeth that resist conventional whitening.
- Protect teeth from additional damage.
What are Composite Veneers?
Composite veneers are made out of a strong and durable resin. Though not as durable as porcelain veneers, they have their own benefits because Dr. Ross can create them right on your tooth during your appointment!
The same process and materials used for dental bonding procedures are used for composite veneers. In contrast to porcelain veneers, composite veneers do not have to be replaced. Dr. Ross can fix a composite veneer fracture by patching it the same way he did in the original creation process.
Composite veneers are not able to resist staining as effectively, and they may darken slightly over time, but because the process is quick and painless, Dr. Ross can easily replace composite veneers if they lose their natural color.
What Can I Expect from the Composite Veneer Procedure?
When you get your composite veneers from Grand Avenue Dental Care, you can be assured that you will get excellent care from Dr. Ross and his team.
- Dr. Ross begins the process by roughening the surface of the teeth to provide the bonding material with an exceptionally strong bond. The bonding material is a composite resin that is colored to match the natural shade of your teeth and is soft and flexible, allowing it to be molded like putty or clay.
- Dr. Ross will mold the resin into a thin shell to cover the front of the tooth and then use a high intensity light to make the sculpted bonding material hard and durable.
- This process is repeated, with multiple thin layers being applied, so the entire procedure might take over an hour. When the material is hardened, the new surfaces are smoothed and polished, leaving the composite veneers strong and beautiful.
You can go home with a brand new smile!
What Type of Veneer is Right for Me?
Composite veneers are a good choice for those seeking a lower cost and fewer appointments. Composites also allow for less alteration to your natural tooth structure.
Porcelain veneers offer better strength, durability, and a more life-like appearance than composites. When you decide you want veneers, Dr. Ross will meet with you to discuss which type of veneer will best meet your needs.
A New Smile Is Just a Consultation Away! Contact Dr. Ross to Ask About Veneers at Grand Avenue Dental Care
To schedule an appointment, call us at our office today.